High Desert Edition (ZYD)
Available on LT, LTZ and High Country Crew Cab models with short box; available in 2017
- 20-inch wheels
- Sport bar with sail panel
- Lockable, water-resistant cargo system with cargo divider
- Lighted, dual side storage bins
- Three-piece hard tonneau cover
- All-weather floor liners (RIA)
- Requires True North Package (PDU)
- 4-inch round chrome assist steps (VXJ)
- 20-inch polished aluminum wheels (RD4)
- Requires LTZ Plus Package (PDF)
- 20-inch chrome aluminum wheels (RD2)
- 6-inch chrome assist steps (BVQ)
- Heated and vented leather-appointed bucket seats
- All-terrain tires (RC7)
- Articulating assist steps (BRS)
- Magnetic Ride Control suspension (Z95)
- All-terrain tires (RC7)
Realtree Edition (GOS)
Available on LTZ Z71 Crew Cab models with 4WD
- Black exterior with Realtree camouflage and logo graphics
- Camouflage interior trim with embroidered Realtree logo on headrests
- Z71 Package with door badges
- 20-inch black aluminum wheels with all-terrain tires
- Black off-road side assist steps
- Black Chevy bowties
- Black door handles, mirror caps and side mouldings
- Spray-on bedliner with Realtree logo
Special Ops Edition (GOP)
Available on WT Double Cab models, 2WD or 4WD
- 1WT Blackout Edition content, plus:
- Black Chevy bowties
- Body-colour grille surround and bezels
- Deep tinted windows
- 20-inch black-painted aluminum wheels
What's New on 2017 Silverado LD
- Now standard on all Silverado models:
- Capless fuel fill
- Aero shutters
- Teen Driver
- Lower rolling resistance tires
- Available on LTZ models
- Standard on High Country models
- Heated steering wheel
- Power-adjustable pedals
- Trailer brake controller
- High beam assist
- Forward Collision Alert
- Lane Keep Assist
- Low Speed Forward Automatic Braking
- Removed analog RCA jacks and SD slot
- Added HDMI connector, second USB port' and digital headphones
- Leather-appointed seating option for High Country: Jet Black with Medium Ash Grey piping and stitching (HQZ)
- Exterior colours:
- Pepperdust Metallic (GMU)
- Graphite Metallic (GPA)
- Slate Grey
- Autumn Bronze
- High Desert Special Edition
Initial Quality Leader
Silverado 1500 is the "Highest Ranked Large Light Duty Pickup in Initial Quality" by J.D. Power in the U.S. Initial Quality Study (IQS) for 2016.
Additional Safety Features
The following may not be available on every vehicle. Please review your order guides for more details.
Front and Rear Parking Assist: Below 8 km/h (5 mph), provides distance-to-object alerts to help the driver park and avoid crashing into nearby detected objects directly ahead or behind the vehicle during low-speed manoeuvering.
Side Blind Zone Alert (with Lane Change Alert): Provides side-mirror alerts to help the driver avoid crashing into a moving vehicle detected in their side blind spot (or zone) or a vehicle rapidly approaching their side blind spot during a lane-change manoeuver.
Rear Cross Traffic Alert: When in Reverse, provides alerts to help driver avoid crashing into approaching detected left- or right-cross traffic (for example, out of a crowded parking space or driveway with side obstructions).
Lane Keep Assist: Provides gentle steering wheel turns (and alerts, if necessary) to help drivers avoid crashes due to unintentionally drifting out of their lane when they are not actively steering and their turn signal is not activated.
Lane Departure Warning: Provides alerts to help drivers avoid crashes due to unintentionally drifting out of their lane when their turn signal is not activated.
Forward Collision Alert: If the system detects that a front-end collision situation is imminent while following a detected vehicle, the system alerts the driver to a potential crash. It also alerts the driver if the driver is following a detected vehicle much too closely.
Low Speed Forward Automatic Braking: When the vehicle is traveling below 80 km/h (50 mph) and the system senses that a front-end collision with a detected vehicle is imminent, this available feature automatically applies the brakes to potentially help reduce the severity of impact. It may even help avoid an accident altogether at very low speeds.
Adaptive Cruise Control: This feature enhances regular Cruise Control to allow the vehicle to automatically follow a detected vehicle ahead at the driver-selected following gap while the driver steers, reducing the need for the driver to frequently brake and accelerate.
IntelliBeam Headlamps: Activate the high-beam headlamps to illuminate the road ahead and improve visibility especially in dark conditions. With the help of the front camera mounted on the windshield in front of the inside rearview mirror, the system recognizes the headlamps or taillamps of another vehicle and automatically switches the headlamps to low beam to prevent impairing the vision of drivers in other cars.
Safety Alert Seat: The GM-patented Safety Alert Seat provides the driver the option of getting haptic seat-bottom vibration pulses instead of audible crash avoidance alerts.
NOTE: Safety features are no substitute for the driver's responsibility to operate the vehicle in a safe manner. The driver should remain attentive to traffic, surroundings and road conditions at all times. Read the vehicle's Owner Manual for important feature limitations and information.